New, Free Productivity Tool - Toggl

I had been looking for something like this for a while. An online time tracking program that would help me see where I am spending most of my time and also help me track the time I spend working on design and marketing projects for clients. I found a few, self-hosted systems and pricey options but nothing that really worked for my needs.

Then a week and a half ago I found Toggl, a free, web-based time tracking service.

They aren't paying me to say a word of this by the way, this is something I absolutely needed and their product fit my needs like a glove. Tracking my time has helping me immensely in a few ways.

First, knowing that it is tracking my time for a specific project helps be stay on task and focus on that one project. No more skipping to YouTube every few minutes to watch another vid.

Second, I can look back and see where I am spending all my time and evaluate if my time could be better spend elsewhere. Sometimes, I get into a mode where I don't realize how much time passes, like when I am deep into a site design project.

Third, it helps me break down my "to do" list. Knowing I will be working on one task as a time forces me to break up my list (either in my head or written down) into managable, measurable parts so I can take them one at a time and don't get overwhelmed with all the things I need to do.

We're students, and we don't have a lot of time; tools like Toggl will help you make better use of the time you have.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home